ST AUGUSTINE'S GRAMMAR SCHOOL
VISIT TO SKYE, JUNE 1977
Here is an updated reminder of the details.
Leave Friday 3 June from school 0930 or earlier if possible.
A stop will be made en route to take lunch, packed or bought.
Night at Ardgarten Youth Hostel, Arrochar, Dumbartonshire.
Supper, breakfast and packet lunch provided.
Leave Ardgarten Saturday 4 June for Skye via Kyle of Lochalsh.
stay six nights at Uig Youth Hostel, Isle of Skye, where we shall cook our own meals.
Leave Uig Friday 10 June for very long journey back to Manchster.
Opportunity will be given en route to telephone ahead for lifts, etc.
ETA not likely to be before 2200. Meals provision ends with packed lunch.
Staff: Mr. Thorpe, Mr. Scrowston, Fr. Philips, M. Le Goux.
|YHA Accomodation (inc meals at Ardgarten:||£5.85||£6.65|
|estimate for food at Uig based on YH meal prices:||£10.20||£10.20|
hire and petrol based on
1200 miles @ 15 mpg. Estimate:
Notes: 1. As much non-perishable food as possible will be bought from cash and carry.
2. A sheet sleeping bag MUST be used. Hire charge, 20 per hostel (ie total of 40p for this trip) or buy one from YHA services in Manchester for about £2.50.
3. The Ferry charge is expected to be of the order of 30p.
4. All members of the party should have joined YHA by now; Mr. Thorpe has forms available for laggards.
5. ALL OUTSTANDING SUMS MUST BE PAID BY MAY 13.
6. EVERYONE MUST BRING AT LEAST ONE KNIFE, FORK, SPOON AND TEASPOON AND A TEA TOWEL.