During the organisation of our
first '69 reunion in November 1999, Stavors suggested a year book
- "I said It'll be out of date in a year, what about a web site."
[Some day I'll learn to keep my mouth shut!]
However one wet Sunday in an island off the north of Scotland, the St Augustine's website was born.
Initially conceived to be a contact list for staff and '69 entry, the scheme mushroomed.
All material relating to St Augustine's is welcome.
Thanks to all those who have helped create this site
Mark Brennan (AKA Chief
- access to his incredible and invaluable collection of things Augustinian: numerous photos (incl uniform photos); letters from the headmaster; various programs;"For All the Saints. . ." concept (In Memoriam page) and valuable editorial input
Paul Fay (my brother)
- Numerous photos, programs, miscellaneous stationary, letters from the headmaster, locating TV Top of the Form Quiz Books etc etc
Andrew Stavordale (AKA Database
- the prime mover! without him, this site would never have been conceived
- responsible for initial and updated contact details of many boys of 69 and staff
- Paul Fay, Mark Brennan, Rev Roger Callan, Rev Gerard McGuiness, Richard Fay, Dave Espley/Anthony Thorpe, John McGuiness, Brother Cyril (Xaverian), Catherine McGuiness, Jason Birch, Jeremy Griffiths, Jim Toft, Sean O' Callaghan, Josephine Maltby, John Lally, Mark Brennan (the Elder), Greg Howell, Nick Wall, Mark Dean, Geoff Sharp, Peter Yearsley, Sally Drummond, Peter Hartt, Dave Ransome
- Paul Fay, Mark Brennan, My Parents, Mike Maybury, Mike Nelson, Damian Hickey, Andy McHugh, Steve Livesey, Peter Yearsley, Niall Giblin, Dave Ransome
Original Speechday and other Programs
- My Parents, Paul Fay, Peter and Celia Cameron, Mark Brennan, Mark Brennan (the Elder), Paul Stevenson, Dave Ransome
Original Uniform Items
- Mark Brennan
- Lawrence Tottle (school blazer badge)
- Jez Griffiths (Plessington Badge)
- Paul Stevenson (scarf)
Sermon for the Memorial
Mass for Mgr McGuinness
- Rev Peter Phillips via Paul Fay
Art Gallery, Memories and Quotations
- Unmentionable staff and boys!
"A Leader to
- Alan Johnston
Local Newspaper Clippings
- Rod Bladon and Heather Turner at The Forum Library, Wythenshawe
- Lynn Wright, Manchester City Council Education Dept
- Ordnance Survey for permission to reproduce © Crown Copyright maps.
History of the Organ
- Rushworth & Dreaper, Liverpool
- Juliet A Carter , Parish Secretary, Woolston St Margaret's Church
- Jacquie Rayner, Prison Service Training Services
Television Top of the Form
- BBC Archives (unfortunately yielding no relevant material)
- Geoffrey Wheeler - personal recall and loan of theme music tape ("Marching Strings")
- Bobby Cree - names of the Stranraer team
- Mark Brennan
- Paul Fay
- Josephine Maltby (nee Finan) personal recall
- Pat Harris - excerpt from Hollies FCJ Annals
- Andrew Hemmens and James Fitzsimons
- Sally Drummond - Stranraer team photos
- Brian Mooney of Reynolds and Scott
- Mr Hilton, City Architects Dept, Manchester City Council
Filling Gaps in Lists of "Boys"
- Paul Johnston, Carl Brennan, Denis Murphy, Barry Brennan, Phil Ryder, Andrew Murphy, Martin Wilson, Dave Espley, Anthony Thorpe, Richard Fay, Dave Williams, Andrew Hartnett, Steve Williams, Chris Keeling, Phil Howells, Patrick Greenhall, Steve Law, Antony Barrows, Paul Cochrane, Jez Griffiths, Ged Start, Steve Callaghan, Chris Blaydon, Mark Brennan (1965), Robert Renshaw, Mark Patton
The Smiths Connection
- Andrew Murphy, Martin Wilson & Dave Espley
Details of Theatrical Productions
Roger Callan, Mark Brennan, Peter Cameron, Eddie Tickle
from Classical MIDI
- Zadok the Priest midi file by kind permission of Ken Whitcomb
- Messiah midi files by kind permission of Dan Viens
Animated keyboard from http://www.cityweb.co.uk/
Counter Statistics from SiteMeter
Bulletin Board and Visitors' Book Scripts from Matt Wright
And any I have omitted to mention!